Flight deck Design Engineer
- Design and develop the aircraft Flight Deck with input from HMI, interior supplier, Flight Controls IPT and the Avionics IPT
- Embody the aircraft Flight Deck concept into the 3D Digital Mock-Up (DMU)
- Model components and place them in the DMU
- Add supplier furnished 3D models into the DMU
- Model the Flight Deck instrument panels
- Utilize 3D Human Builder programs to simulate crew interactions in the 3d DMU Flight Deck
- Provide direct input to the Flight Deck design and Avionics engineers
- Assist in the creation of the aircraft Flight Deck mock-up
- Assist in the creation of the aircraft Flight Deck Simulator
- Ensure compliance with regulations and customer requirements
- Interact directly with suppliers
- Work with strict configuration control requirements
- Report Status
- Provide support for engineering, certification, and flight test departments from concept to product certification
- Foster a culture that inspires high levels of performance and employee retention
- Bachelor s degree in relevant field required.
- 5+ years of experience within the Avionics discipline.
- Experience working on aircraft development programs
- Expert level of competency using CATIA V5
- Working knowledge of PLM tools
- Knowledge of HMI design and integration
- Clear understanding of all aspects of Flight Deck development
- An understanding of Systems Engineering
- An understanding of anthropometrics, pilot psychology, Pilot workload, HMI and flight deck equipment interactions
- Familiarity with Part 25 Regulations especially 1302, 1309, 1322, ARP 4754A, ARP 6049494, Mil-STD 1472 and other relevant industry standards is preferred.
- Experience with Flight Deck mock-up and Simulator design
Meet Your Recruiter
Chris has spent nearly 20 years in the staffing/consulting/contracting industry with the last 15 years in the Aerospace Engineering Industry. His background is in full life cycle recruiting, sales, identifying and growing niche opportunities. He lives in Southern California with his wife and two children.